The Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program covers a wide range of topics that provide a specialized combination of knowledge in computer science, business, and management. Students gain a detailed overview of the latest information and communication technologies, including their business implications, their planning, and their implementation. They learn to:
- Analyze IT requirements taking customer needs into account and implement these requirements in a practice-oriented manner
- Analyze, model, abstract, and implement business-related and technical aspects in the course of IT projects
- Quickly familiarize themselves with specialized topics in order to understand complex technical interconnections in the business environment
- Discover methods for reconciling company strategy and information processing needs in order to optimize complex processes through the use of the latest information technology
- Analyze and design systems as well as their interaction scenarios
- View problems from both a customer and a contractor perspective
- Identify, discuss, and resolve potential conflicts and possible misunderstandings between business and technology on both a technical and interpersonal level, and take preventative measures
- Communicate with technical and non-technical professionals, present technical information in a way that is also understandable for non-technical personnel, and constructively contribute to ensuring positive collaboration within teams
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches in the design of IT systems
- Identify interrelationships in a holistic manner
→ More information: Curriculum of the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program
Is it possible to study while working?
This degree program is offered full-time or part-time. UAS Technikum Wien also offers the Business Informatics distance study degree program, which is taught in English and contains a much higher share of distance learning.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Thanks to their ability to consider problems from an interdisciplinary perspective that goes beyond just the technical aspects, business informatics specialists are in high demand on the job market.
- They are employed in a wide range of industries such as IT services, management consulting, the financial sector, and industry.
- For example, they work as system consultants, IT coordinators, in development, or as project managers at companies.
- Their typical tasks include serving as liaisons between customers, departments, and developers along with designing, planning, and implementing software in the business environment.
→ More information: Career prospects for business informatics specialists
What are the admission requirements?
You must have one of the following to apply for the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)
→ More information: Admission requirements for the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?