The Information Systems Management distance study program is at the interface between computer science, business, and management. The program places particular emphasis on the modern management of information systems. This encompasses the day-to-day operation as well as the integration, planning, and implementation of IT systems. The degree program is intended for graduates of the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs.
Students learn how to:
- Solve complex IT challenges with the aim of supporting the business operations
- Prepare and carry out the selection and introduction of information systems in an organized manner
- Support business processes with the aid of information systems
- Analyze and advise companies with regard to economic and technical aspects
- Choose and utilize appropriate tools for the planning, management, monitoring, and documentation of projects
- Determine the requirements for the solution of a particular business problem
- Implement methods for the solution of planning, assessment, and concept development tasks
- Plan and carry out IT-related studies and research, develop plans as well as draw up meaningful reports and documentation
- Analyze, conceptualize, describe, and assess complex technical complete systems
- Plan and manage complex IT-related projects as well as create time schedules and draw up a budget for expenses
→ More information: Curriculum of the Information Systems Management Distance master’s degree program
Here's how it works
The Information Systems Management distance study degree program combines online phases lasting several weeks with short, compact on-campus phases:
- Two-days on-campus phase at the beginning of each academic year with an orientation session (introduction to the program, curriculum, learning objectives, teaching methods, organization, learning platform) and personal introductions
- Seven-week online phase (twice per semester) in which the course material is covered interactively with the personal guidance of eLectors and support of eTutors. The program works with the web-based learning platform Moodle, which is easy to use and offers a high degree of flexibility for presenting varied e-Learning content.
- Two-days on-campus phase following each online phase in which students present their projects and take written exams. After having taken the written exams, students receive the learning objectives and information on teaching methods for the next online phase. The master’s degree examination is taken during the final on-campus phase in the third semester.
Besides scientific methods students learn the versatility they will later need in their careers through ongoing project assignments and case studies. Working on practice-oriented exercises and developing own solutions in teams is a feature which clearly distinguishes the Information Systems Management program at UAS Technikum Wien from comparable programs.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Information Systems Management graduates are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Thanks to their knowledge and skills, they are perfectly qualified for the IT services sector, trade and industry, marketing, management consulting, and auditing firms.
- Among other occupations, they work as business informatics specialists, business analysts, system designers, IT architects, and solutions architects.
- Typical duties include, for instance, identifying company-specific problems, analyzing and advising companies, planning and implementing IT systems, and coordinating and integrating the computer systems within an organization in order to increase their compatibility.
→ More information: Career prospects for graduates of the Information Systems Management master’s degree program
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
→ More information: Admission requirements for the Information Systems Management master’s degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.