➸ In the fall of 2017, the UAS Technikum Wien launched its first ever integrated work/study degree program in Computer Science.
➸ The integrated bachelor degree program combines academic theory with practical occupational experience at a company.
What is an integrated work/study degree program?
An integrated degree program of this kind combines practical work with academic study. The study time is divided up into practice phases at a company and theory phases at the University of Applied Sciences. This is the first time that a combined Computer Science degree program of this nature has been offered in Vienna. The course content is exactly the same as for the standard Computer Science bachelor's degree that is already offered by the UAS Technikum Wien.
What will I learn in this degree program?
In the Computer Science bachelor’s degree program, students learn the practical and theoretical principles in all of the important subareas of computer science. They learn to:
- Analyze complex IT interrelationships
- Successfully apply the latest information technologies
- Consider these technologies in the context of basic business-related, technical, and legal knowledge
- Plan and develop software systems
- Independently analyze and implement projects
- Identify customer requirements and transfer them into models
- Present IT processes to customers in an understandable manner
- Take computer security into consideration in their work in the IT environment
- Develop and evaluate graphical user interfaces based on usability aspects
How do I apply for the integrated work/study degree program?
Applications must always be submitted to both the UAS Technikum Wien itself and to one of its partner companies.
First step in applying to the UAS Technikum Wien
Submitting an application to a partner company:
- all about apps
- EBE Solutions
- IT for your needs
- SIGNON Austria
What are the admission requirements for an application?
You must have one of the following to apply for the Computer Science bachelor’s degree program, including the integrated work/study option:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)