- Are you interested in inter-cultural encounters within the framework of your studies?
- Do you want to help students from abroad with their start into university life in Vienna?
- Would you like to establish contacts in an international network?
The concept is fairly straightforward: every foreign student is allocated an experienced student of the UAS Technikum Wien. The buddy serves as primary contact person and provides assistance in all matters concerning everyday life and academic experience.
Buddy partnerships are advantageous for everyone involved: the newcomers receive personal assistance with the start into the student life in a city still foreign to them, while the students from UAS Technikum Wien get an opportunity to broaden their horizons by meeting foreigners. Buddy partnerships have often been the start of long-lasting “international” friendships.
Are you prepared to
- serve as a contact person for a foreign student for all matters regarding student life in Vienna?
- listen to the troubles and woes of our Incomings?
- regularly meet our Incomings during the course of a semester to do things such as going out, going to the cinema, doing sports or exploring cultural possibilities?
All buddies are invited to the Welcome Event and the Farewell Evening the CIR is hosting for their Incomings.
Are you ready to spend an adventurous semester with international colleagues? Once a semester, our students are called to participate.