If you decide to study for one or two semester(s) at the UAS Technikum Wien as an Incoming, you enjoy the following benefits:
- You study at the largest purely technical University of Applied Sciences in Austria and attend high-quality lectures in small groups with highly practical relevance and lecturers from the business world and the industries
- You live and study in a multi-cultural, mundane, but nevertheless manageable metropolis of Europe, which is known for its high quality of life
- A one-week orientation week serves as orientation at the beginning of each semester. We will offer excursions in the city, get-together events organized by ESN, an introduction to the Austrian culture and inter-cultural trainings.
- You study in a multi-cultural environment and broaden your social competences while at the same time establishing international contacts, which can turn out helpful for your future career
- and, finally: you will receive the best advice and support from our Incoming Coordinator, Mr. Florian Ellinger.
How do you go about?
At first, please inform yourself about the possibilities of how to organize your study abroad in coordination with your home university. You have to receive permission from your home institution that you apply for an exchange semester at the UAS Technikum Wien.
Either your institution is a partner university of the UAS Technikum Wien, then the existing bilateral agreement (eg. ERASMUS+) ensures that you are exempt from tuition fees and you have the possibility of funding (eg. ERASMUS+).
Your home institution is no partner university? Do your semester abroad as a free mover. In this case, your application at the host institution has to be approved by your home institution.
The Application – Step-by-Step
Step 1: Find a suitable degree program and/or appropriate courses on the website of the UAS Technikum Wien. Please make sure that you meet the prerequisites for the courses you select and that you have sufficient written and oral skills in the language of instruction for each course (on a level of B2 either in German or in English according to the COMMON EUROPEAN FRAMEWORK).
Step 2: The Coordinator of the International Department of your home university has to nominate you via email. The necessary information includes:
- name, surname
- date of birth
- exchange semester
- duration of exchange
- email address
- study program/area, department
After the nomination you will receive an email with all necessary information about the further application procedure.
|For the Winter Term:||
February 15 - March 15
|For the Summer Term:||
September 15 - Oktober 15
Free Movers are students coming from a university which has not signed a bilateral agreement with the UAS Technikum Wien, but would nevertheless like to study in Vienna.
Interested applicants have to contact the Coordinator for Incoming Mobility, Mr Florian Ellinger, directly via email.
Be aware that in this case all expenses such as tuition fees, accommodation, transport or visa are borne by the visiting student.