Become a mentor!
In the Buddy Program of the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
- Are you interested in intercultural encounters during your studies?
- Would you like to help students from abroad to get started in their everyday studies?
- Do you like to make contacts in an international network?
The idea is simple: All guest students are assigned an experienced student, a so-called buddy. A buddy serves as the first point of contact and offers support with questions about everyday life and studies.
A buddy partnership brings advantages for all involved: The newcomers receive personal support when entering student life in a city that is foreign to them, while students at UAS Technikum Wien broaden their horizons and establish international contacts. Experience shows that a Buddy partnership is often the beginning of a long international friendship.
As a Buddy you will take on the following honorary tasks:
- You are the contact person for our incoming students in all questions concerning student life in Vienna.
- You have an open ear for the worries and needs of our incoming students.
- You organize regular personal meetings during the semester with common activities (cinema, sports, culture, etc.).
Of course, you will also be invited by the International Office to the Welcome Event and Farewell Event of the Incoming Students.
Are you ready for an exciting semester with international fellow students? Once a semester you will receive a call for interested students. Or apply now for the coming semester here.
Your activity as a Buddy will be credited to the Intercultural Skills Certificate.