Starting in the winter semester of 2022, internationalization will play an essential role for students at UAS Technikum Wien and will become a fixed component of every curriculum.
In order to gain international experience, there is a wide range of short- and long-term mobilities that cater to students' different circumstances: from a few days to an entire academic year. Internationalization becomes a basic requirement to complete one's studies.
The possibilities to build up international and intercultural competences are manifold. A catalog (available from June 22) describes measures as well as the ECTS allocated to them. Students can work on acquiring the competencies from the first year onwards by choosing suitable measures depending on their life situation. Until the 6th semester, there is time to complete a bundle of measures of at least 5 ECTS. As part of an internationalization course in the 6th semester, these are then formally assessed with ECTS in the transcript.
The 5 ECTS can be acquired, for example, by attending an international summer/winter school of at least 5 days (1 ECTS), by writing an English-language Bachelor or Master thesis (2 ECTS) or by completing a semester abroad (5 ECTS).
What students benefit from:
Various possibilities for stays abroad (studies, traineeships, summer/winter schools, study trips, etc.) to implement mobility - the International Office as well as the faculty is the service-oriented contact person here.
- Possibility to participate several times in mobilities (study trip, semester abroad, traineeships,...)
- Internationalization at Home, i.e. an international environment and offerings on site, e.g. for networking (international) students and in the form of globally oriented courses.
- With the Intercultural Skills Certificate, students can obtain proof of their internationally oriented activities.
- Comprehensive integration of intercultural aspects in all curricula
- Continuous expansion of the range of English-language courses offered
- Ongoing expansion of intercultural training and application training in English for students as well as expansion of projects in international teams with partner universities