Media / Borrowing
The library offers a wide range of services to students, staff and external persons (schoolchildren, students of other institutions...). If you are not enrolled or employed at the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien, please provide your residence registration form and your (student) ID when you visit us for the first time.
The library currently has more than 20,000 pieces of media available, including books, master's theses, magazines and CDs. You can conduct research using the library's search engine.
18 working and reading stations as well as numerous computers and laptop connections can be used to work and study. Users can also browse through the library's offerings in a comfortable lounge area.
The library page on the intranet offers students and employees of UAS Technikum Wien a wide range of research links along with access to the following electronic resources. Remote access from external computers is possible as well:
- More than 5,400 Springer ebooks in German and English (on the subjects of technology and computer science, business, economics, engineering and energy)
- Nearly 1,900 Science Direct College Edition e-journals in the categories of Physical Sciences and Engineering, Health and Life Sciences
- IEEE/IET Electronic Library with more than 180 journals, over 3,600 conference volumes and more than 3,800 standards
- Standards reading room by Austrian Standards with more than 65,000 documents (ÖNORM, ÖVE and ÖVGW standards)
- OECD iLibrary: more than 11,000 eBooks, more than 6,000 papers as well as statistics.
We are happy to help you research and gain access to specialist literature:
- Inter-library loan and document delivery
- Literature research training
- Ordering and cataloguing media
- Information on electronic resources and research links
- Aid in using media at / borrowing media from the library
Financial support for open access publications
UAS Technikum Wien actively promotes the implementation of free and unrestricted access to scientific information. It is signatory of the Berlin Declaration, a member of OANA (Open Access Netzwerk Austria) and a supporting institution of the DOAJ (Directory of Open Access Journals). In order to provide financial support to researchers looking to publish in open access journals, UAS Technikum Wien has set up a central publication fund to cover publication fees.
Please refer to the document entitled “Funding criteria for OA publication fees” for further information.
The library team will be happy to answer any questions you may have!