- The Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program covers a wide range of topics that provide a specialized combination of knowledge in computer science, business, and management. Students gain a detailed overview of the latest information and communication technologies, including their business implications, their planning, and their implementation. They learn to:
- Analyze IT requirements taking customer needs into account and implement these requirements in a practice-oriented manner
- Analyze, model, abstract, and implement business-related and technical aspects in the course of IT projects
- Quickly familiarize themselves with specialized topics in order to understand complex technical interconnections in the business environment
- Discover methods for reconciling company strategy and information processing needs in order to optimize complex processes through the use of the latest information technology
- Analyze and design systems as well as their interaction scenarios
- View problems from both a customer and a contractor perspective
- Identify, discuss, and resolve potential conflicts and possible misunderstandings between business and technology on both a technical and interpersonal level, and take preventative measures
- Communicate with technical and non-technical professionals, present technical information in a way that is also understandable for non-technical personnel, and constructively contribute to ensuring positive collaboration within teams
- Apply interdisciplinary approaches in the design of IT systems
- Identify interrelationships in a holistic manner
→ More information: Curriculum of the Business Informatics Distance Study bachelor’s degree program
What are the advantages of the distance learning program?
|Study anytime, anywhere
- Maximum flexibility
- eLearning – online, interactive and with personal guidance
|Self-managed, tailored and international studies
- In addition to self management, the program fosters students’ media literacy, self discipline and time management skills, team work, soft communication skills and language skills
- Promotes internationality
|A part-time academic degree program for people who cannot attend courses regularly
- Graduate with the internationally recognized academic degree Bachelor of Science in Engineering (BSc)
- Costs amount to the legally defined tuition of € 363.36 (plus an additional fee of € 75 and dues for the Austrian Students' Union) per semester
Here's how it works
The Business Informatics distance study degree program combines online phases lasting several weeks with short, compact on-campus phases:
- Two-days on-campus phase at the beginning of each academic year with an orientation session (introduction to the program, curriculum, learning objectives, teaching methods, organization, learning platform) and personal introductions
- Seven-week online phase (twice per semester) in which the course material is covered interactively with the personal guidance of eLectors and support of eTutors. The program works with the web-based learning platform Moodle, which is easy to use and offers a high degree of flexibility for presenting varied e-Learning content.
- Two-days on-campus phase following each online phase in which students present their projects and take written exams. After having taken the written exams, students receive the learning objectives and information on teaching methods for the next online phase. The bachelor’s degree examination is taken during the final on-campus phase in the sixth semester.
Besides scientific methods students learn the versatility they will later need in their careers through ongoing project assignments and case studies. Working on practice-oriented exercises and developing own solutions in teams is a feature which clearly distinguishes the Business Informatics program at UAS Technikum Wien from comparable programs.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Thanks to their ability to consider problems from an interdisciplinary perspective that goes beyond just the technical aspects, business informatics specialists are in high demand on the job market.
- They are employed in a wide range of industries such as IT services, management consulting, the financial sector, and industry.
- For example, they work as system consultants, IT coordinators, in development, or as project managers at companies.
- Their typical tasks include serving as liaisons between customers, departments, and developers along with designing, planning, and implementing software in the business environment.
→ More information: Career prospects for business informatics specialists
What are the admission requirements?
You must have one of the following to apply for the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)
→ More information: Admission requirements for the Business Informatics Distance Study bachelor’s degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?