An ideal combination of electronics and economics with four majors - optionally in evening form or as distance learning.
The Electronics and Business Distance Study bachelor’s degree program provides a concentrated education in electronic engineering with emphases offered in Embedded Systems, Industrial Electronics, Telecommunications, or Technology Management plus an intensive business component. All of these skills and knowledge enable graduates to work in a broad range of professions.
What emphases are offered?
Students focus on one of four emphases starting in the fifth semester:
- Embedded Systems
- Industrial Electronics
- Technology Management
- Basic knowledge of the natural sciences
- To design, simulate, calculate, construct, and measure electronic circuits
- To identify problems and develop technical solutions for them
- To develop and produce innovative devices and systems
- To incorporate economic and legal considerations into the workflow of development, production, and sales and distribution
- To solve problems in the area of electronics, electrical engineering, and data processing by means of scientific methods
- To work with systematic problem solving strategies and provide support for making technical and business decisions
- To design complex electrical and electronic systems for use in production, taking technical and economic aspects into account
- To develop low-level programs for systems
- To plan and organize the operational manufacturing of electronic components, devices, and systems
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Graduates are highly sought-after specialists in a wide range of occupational fields:
- They are employed in electronics, electrical engineering, and mechatronics as well as in the fields of business engineering or management consulting.
- For example, they work as application designers, electronics developers, measurement engineering technicians, and communications engineers.
- Their typical tasks include developing electronic devices and components, maintaining and repairing electronic systems, and planning and developing communications networks.
What are the admission requirements?
- You must have one of the following to apply for the Electronics and Business bachelor’s degree program:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)