What will I learn in this degree program?
The Urban Renewable Energy Technologies bachelor’s degree program is at the interface between energy technology, technical building systems, and plant construction. Students receive technical-engineering training with an emphasis on energy systems increasingly characterized by renewable energies (especially in urban environments). The degree program provides in-depth knowledge on the functioning and operational behavior of renewable energy technologies, on the dimensioning of technological components, and on their integration into the overall system. Students learn to:
- Plan, dimension, operate, analyze, and maintain renewable energy technologies while taking into account technical as well as financial aspects
- Integrate complex energy systems into the overall energy system, particularly in urban areas
- Assess these systems from technical, environmental, and financial perspectives
- Analyze problems in connection with energy, buildings, and domestic engineering, and develop technical solutions for these problems
- Rate buildings from an energy perspective, do calculations for energy performance certificates, and determine and simulate heating loads, cooling loads, and annual energy requirements
- Plan, perform calculations for, and assess technical building services with regard to their integration into the overall system
- Analyze and assess the urban energy supply, boiler plants for district heating systems, combined heat and power plants, and energy distribution networks with regard to their integration into the overall system, design their main components, and operate and maintain them
- Analyze the links between various individual fields of energy technology, plant construction, and technical building systems in a smart city environment, and combine these fields to form an intelligent, carbon-neutral, and user-friendly overall system
→ More information: Curriculum of the Urban Renewable Energy Technologies bachelor’s degree program
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Graduates of this degree program are sought-after specialists on the job market:
- Thanks to their interdisciplinary know-how, they work in many different sectors, such as construction, electrical engineering, machine building, and commerce.
- For example, they are employed as project managers and team leaders, energy consultants, control engineers, and production managers.
- Their typical tasks include plant design in the area of renewable energy, the selection of appropriate components, and the design of energy networks.
→ More information: Career prospects for Urban Renewable Energy Technologies specialists
What are the admission requirements?
You must have one of the following to apply for the Urban Renewable Energy Technologies bachelor’s degree program:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
- Renewable Urban Energy Systems master’s degree program and 16 other master’s degree programs
- Management and Environment master’s course and other courses for further training