What will I learn in this degree program?
The part-time Ecotoxicology & Environmental Management master’s degree program produces specialized environmental scientists and environmental managers who are ready for a future in business. This degree program is taught in German. The degree program offers two different emphases: Ecotoxicology gives students specialized knowledge about the effects of materials on all biological levels of the ecosystem. Graduates are capable of identifying potential hazards for the environment and integrating appropriate risk assessments into workflows and production processes. Graduates who complete the Environmental Management emphasis can use their comprehensive knowledge to promote the use of alternative technologies in environmental management systems and in this way make an important contribution to ensuring that companies do business in a more environmentally friendly and at the same time more economical way. Students learn to:
- Combine technical, economic, scientific, and legal aspects in order to develop sustainable solutions
- Identify potential hazards for the environment caused by the use of various materials, integrate appropriate risk assessments into workflows and production processes, and perform toxicological lab analyses
- Promote the use of alternative technologies in environmental management systems and in this way make an important contribution to ensuring that companies do business in a more environmentally friendly and at the same time more economical way
- Design, implement, and optimize environmental management and controlling systems
- Prepare sustainability reports and profitability analyses in the environmental sector
- Continuously improve environmental standards in production through the use of energy-efficient and environmentally friendly technologies
- Monitor compliance with waste and environmental regulations and develop waste management concepts
- Manage the implementation of new technologies in the recycling sector
- Monitor and control environmental requirements in the manufacturing of biocides, pesticides, and medications
- Evaluate environmental impacts and prepare life-cycle assessments
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Environmental scientists and environmental managers are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Their knowledge makes them ideally qualified for the food production industry, the recycling sector (e.g. waste management), the transportation sector (e.g. hazardous goods), and the public sector as well as for consulting activities in environmental management.
- They work, for example, as environmental managers in the public and private sector, as external environmental consultants, and as scientific employees in ecotoxicology projects and at research institutes.
- Their typical tasks include conducting research studies and tests, taking samples in order to identify sources of environmental problems, and evaluating compliance with governmental and internal environmental regulations.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.