The Game Engineering and Simulation Technology master’s degree program gives students comprehensive knowledge of the technical, business, and legal aspects related to the development of computer and video games. As a result, they are not only ready to work in the creative career fields of game development and game design, but also to take on the business-related responsibilities of game production. They can also work in the exciting fields of computer simulation and visualization. The program offers a balanced mix of industrial development and science, which also gives students the know-how needed to work in research. This degree program is taught in German. The degree program is intended for graduates of bachelor’s programs at our UAS and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs. Among other things, students learn to:
- Design, develop, and port computer games for various platforms
- Develop real-time graphics applications using modern technologies
- Implement and utilize modern algorithms from the field of artificial intelligence
- Use game engines for game development or develop new game engines that meet the latest technical requirements in terms of performance
- Plan and independently realize a computer game project from the beginning all the way up to market readiness, taking business, legal, and marketing aspects into account
- Apply mathematical knowledge for the development of algorithms and numerical simulations
- Calculate parameters for massively multiplayer online games and take them into consideration
- Create the world, rules, and characters for a game as a game designer
- Apply scientific methods in research projects
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Game engineers are highly sought-after on the job market:
- With their knowledge, they are ideally qualified for the interactive entertainment and software industry as well as for research and development in the field of computer graphics and simulation.
- They work, for example, as game developers, game designers, and simulation and visualization developers.
- Their typical tasks include planning software development, developing the game design in computer games, and performing project management in game production.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.