What will I learn in this degree program?
The Integrative Urban Development – Smart City master’s degree produces experts in the field of smart cities. This degree program is taught in German. The content of the program focuses on the development and implementation of IT-supported integrative urban solutions to enable future-oriented urban development in the areas of mobility and renewable energies. Students learn about design and planning in terms of quality of life, resource conservation, and innovation, together with the communication, coordination, and cooperation with the interfaces of the urban domains of mobility, energy, supply, and disposal, during a four-semester master’s degree program.
- to develop and implement comprehensive urban services in the areas of mobility, energy, and ICT
- to design integrative urban development targets with an eye on socio-technical aspects, to prepare and to implement current diagnoses.
- to apply project and process management principles to develop urban system architectures
- to analyze systems according to social aspects
- to specify and simulate general use cases
- to develop and apply participative spatial planning concepts
- to assess regulatory and interface-compatible requirements such as standards and norms regionally, nationally, and across the EU
- to develop business models in the area of energy, mobility, and ICT services across all domains.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Graduates are sought-after experts in a wide range of occupational fields. For instance, they take care of:
- Information and communication infrastructure
- Energy system and data management
- Security and protection in networked worlds
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or some other academic degree from a university of applied sciences or of technology with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club offers its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy provides a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s programs.