The part-time International Business and Engineering master’s degree program equips students with the extensive technical, business, legal, and linguistic skills needed by future movers and shapers of the economy. This degree program is taught in German. Graduates are capable of initiating innovation processes at companies and of carrying them out, in addition to being able to found and build up businesses. This interdisciplinary program with its solid scientific foundation is intended for graduates of the International Business and Engineering bachelor’s degree program and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs. Students learn to:
- Analyze typical business-engineering problems and develop technical solutions that meet business criteria
- Illustrate technical concepts, select materials, production technology, and supporting IT architecture together with the relevant specialists, and coordinate draft solutions with the appropriate parties while taking into account technical standards, risk management and safety aspects, feasibility factors, as well as economic conditions
- Conceptualize technical requirements based on abstract designs and design drawings, and derive from these the requirements with regard to process design, logistics, and procurement or supplier management
- Plan the development, optimization, and practical implementation of industrially manufactured prototypes, products, tools, and systems in collaboration with other departments
- Define the required operational installations and systems
- Take on responsibility for the clarification, arranging, and management of orders with regard to business, legal, and technical issues in positions in procurement, logistics/SCM, planning, and sales and distribution
- Effectively assess companies in the technical sector according to their market opportunities during the founding phase, acquisitions, or continued operation, and anticipate market niches
- Implement profitability measures and return-on-investment calculations when new materials, new production methods, or alternative sourcing strategies are used
This degree program is taught in German. Degree program applicants must have language skills equivalent to level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework Reference for Languages and must be able to submit a certificate of their proficiency.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
International business engineers are highly sought-after on the job market.
- They are employed by various industries, such as metal production and processing, machine building, plastics, services, and IT.
- They work, for instance, as product developers, process managers, logisticians, industrial engineers, project managers, business unit managers, and entrepreneurs.
- Their typical tasks include developing and improving products while using the latest technologies and materials, managing and optimizing production processes, and configuring business networks.
→ More information: Career prospects for graduates of the International Business and Engineering master’s degree program
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
→ More information: Admission requirements for the International Business and Engineering master’s degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.