What will I learn in this degree program?
Telecommunications and Internet Technologies is the part-time master’s degree program for the telecommunications and Internet sector. The program is offered in German or English. It focuses on enabling technologies and cross-sector technologies that are used across many different areas, including mobile radio networks, long term evolution, wireless systems, smart phone apps, digital transmission systems, digital broadcasting, cloud computing, big data, smart homes, smart grids, Internet applications, network technology, IT security, software defined networking, network function virtualization, voice over IP, and unified communications. The degree program is intended for graduates of technical UAS and university degree programs.
Information session on May 28
Register now for the program's online information session!
Students learn to:
- Plan and simulate network architectures
- Configure network components
- Plan protocol sequences for telecommunications systems and implement protocol stacks
- Plan hardware and software for the realization of telecommunications systems, network infrastructure, and telecommunications and Internet services taking usability into account as well as to manage projects
- Consider technical standards and requirements related to IT security and network security when developing telecommunications systems and Internet applications
- Develop mobile applications in the telecommunications and Internet environment
- Analyze technical problems in telecommunications systems and network infrastructures and develop technical solutions
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Telecommunications engineers are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Thanks to their knowledge and skills, they are perfectly trained for the telecommunications and mobile communications industry, and for software and system development for telecommunications systems and communications networks.
- They are frequently employed as telecommunications technicians, mobile communications technicians, network technicians, app developers, software and system testers, project managers, and chief technology officers.
- Their typical tasks include project planning, planning, installation, initial startup, configuration, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting for telecommunications and mobile communications systems and planning and managing IT projects related to telecommunications, network technology, and the Internet.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.