Master’s degree programs build on a completed bachelor’s degree program and allow students to specialize or focus on topics in more detail or to expand their existing expertise.
You must meet subject-matter requirements to be admitted to the Information Systems Management master’s degree program. Prerequisites include a bachelor’s degree from a UAS in a relevant subject matter or an equivalent degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution (at least 180 ECTS credits) in Austria or another country. If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams to establish full equivalence. These exams are taken during the master’s program.
When is my bachelor’s degree considered relevant?
1. Full equivalence is established if the applicant holds a degree in one of the programs below, which are listed by program group:
- Computer Science, Software
- Computer Science, Informatics, Software Engineering, Software Development, Business Informatics, Mobile Computing, App Development, Web Technologies, Web Development, Media Technology, Computer Security, IT Security, Information Technologies, Information Management, IT Project Management
- Communication Systems, Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunications, Network Engineering, Telematics, Internet Technologies, Information Systems, Communications Systems, Information Engineering, IT Systems Engineering, Communications Engineering and Digital Transmission Systems, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Business, Embedded Systems, Electronic Engineering, Smart Homes and Assistive Technologies, Intelligent Transport Systems, Transport and Environment
2. Basic equivalence is established if approximately 60 ECTS credits have been completed in six core subjects. The core subjects are key requirements that students should already have mastered in order to successfully complete the master’s degree program.
|Core subject area|
|Communications engineering, transmission systems, telecommunications|
|Computer networks, network engineering, TCP/IP|
|Computer science, programming|
If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams equivalent to up to 30 ECTS credits. These exams must be taken at UAS Technikum Wien. If exams exceeding 30 ECTS credits would be necessary, then admission requirements are considered not met.
What prerequisites do I need to meet if I am applying from outside Austria?
Degree program applicants must have language skills equivalent to level B2 or higher of the Common European Framework Reference for Languages and must be able to submit a certificate of their proficiency.
A number of documents (e.g. leaving certificates) are required to show that you meet the admission requirements for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. If your documents were issued abroad, you will need to have these certified in line with the relevant guidelines so that they can be recognized in Austria – and thus by UAS Technikum Vienna. If your documents have not been issued in German or in English, you must also submit a German or English translation which must also meet certain criteria. You can select the country in which your documents were issued on the following page, from which you are then forwarded to the associated legalization regulations and translation rules.
The program director can determine on an individual basis whether an applicant meets admission requirements.