What will I learn in this degree program?
The Healthcare and Rehabilitation Technology master’s degree program offers students an in-depth interdisciplinary education in rehabilitation technology, health telematics, and the implementation and distribution of technology in the field of healthcare and rehabilitation. This degree program is taught in German. The degree program is intended for graduates of bachelor’s programs at our UAS and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs. Students learn to:
- Complete technical designs for training and rehabilitation equipment
- Develop hardware and software for information and communication systems
- Perform and interpret analyses of biomechanical movement and gaits
- Implement and verify the relevant quality standards and industrial standards in the area of project and quality management
- Work on current research and development in the field of prosthetics and neuroprosthetics
- Detect, process, and analyze biosignals in order to, for instance, carry out developments in the field of neuroprosthetics
- Perform statistical analyses on the healthcare system and interpret the key figures accordingly
- Analyze medical data and implement medical information systems
- Implement software solutions in the area of health telematics (eCard, EHR, eHealth, etc.)
- Model and simulate processes in the area of medicine, in humans, and for various hardware and software products, and to interpret the results appropriately
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Graduates are highly sought-after on the job market thanks to their expertise:
- Their knowledge makes them perfectly trained for the health telematics, prophylaxis technology, and rehabilitation technology sectors.
- For example, they work as project managers in the healthcare and social services sectors, in research and development, and in the area of product management or material design.
- Their typical tasks include developing high-tech solutions in the field of health telematics, equipment and material design, and in prosthetics, or developing state-of-the-art technology for training equipment, rehabilitation, and orthopedics.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.