Medical Engineering & eHealth
Master’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
eHealth Applications and Medical Devices
The Medical Engineering & eHealth master’s degree program is taught in English and produces biomedical engineers with an emphasis in medical technology, medical IT systems, health informatics, and telemedicine. The healthcare system is changing, technological advances and the use of mobile devices by patients are enabling new applications, for example in telemedicine, electronic health records (for example ELGA) or by means of apps for preventive healthcare. In addition, new and improved medical devices are constantly coming onto the market. The question is how these changes can benefit each individual and what the costs are. Graduates of this master’s program can design new devices, develop appropriate software, and have an overview of the entire system. They work with technology for the benefit of people.
Please accept cookies for external media to view videos
The two focal points of this training are medical engineering and eHealth. It is about the development of medical devices from a scientific and electronic point of view as well as software development. Specialization is possible in electives such as respiratory technology, photonics, medical information systems or mobile applications, and there are also extensive research projects directly at UAS Technikum Wien.
- Start of studies: Beginning of september
- Duration: 120 ECTS credits, 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- Form: Full-time, English
- Coasts per semester: € 36.,36 tuition fee, € 21.20 ÖH-fee
- Possibility for a semester abroad
„In the future, we will all be able to do more to promote our health. Our graduates are well prepared for this upheaval in the healthcare sector.“
„Studying Medical Engineering & eHealth will teach you how to look into other people’s heads and into their hearts as well.“
Intensive Care Unit
Healthcare Data Center
Software and Network
- Graduates can design, build and use medical devices as biomedical engineers, they can design eHealth applications and train medical staff.
- They are employed by various companies as representatives for medical technology and its quality assurance; they also work directly in hospitals or other health care facilities.
- In many cases, it is possible to work independently as a consultant. In addition, new professional opportunities are arising from the large number of start-ups that are currently emerging in this innovative environment.
- New applications in medical technology and eHealth are bringing about serious changes in this field, and students can play an important role in this. The research area offers additional opportunities.
What are the Admission Requirements?
Target group: Prior technical knowledge or interest is required, including in the areas of software development and electronics. The students come from technical bachelor programs or have gained professional experience, for example in the medical-technical environment. In addition, a basic interest in medicine is necessary. In healthcare, a lot is based on experience and informal knowledge – graduates must be able to deal with this in their daily work.
Master’s degree programs build on a completed bachelor’s degree program and serve to deepen or specialize or expand existing competencies.
The admission requirement for the Master’s program in Medical Engineering & eHealth is a completed UAS Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or the completion of an equivalent degree at a recognized domestic or foreign post-secondary educational institution (at least 180 ECTS credits).
If the equivalence is basically given and only individual supplements to the full equivalence are missing, the program director is entitled to combine the determination of equivalence with the requirement of examinations to be taken during the respective master’s program.
„The program was incredibly engaging and brought together a diverse group of lecturers and students inspired to upgrade the current healthcare landscape.“
„I applied to UAS Technikum Wien to learn more about science and technology and after I joined I realised that collaboration and cosmopolitan structure is at the heart of the learning journey.“
News from this Program
Program Director Master Medical Engineering & eHealth
Master Ecotoxicology & Environmental Management
Master Medical Engineering & eHealth
The next step to study in the Master Medical Engineering & eHealth is to apply via the online application system of the UAS Technikum Wien:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is safe there and is treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system allows an application to be started and completed at a later date.
- Once you have entered user data and uploaded documents, you can also refer back to them for later applications.