Women at Technikum
The University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien is very concerned to attract more women to technical education. Therefore, the University of Applied Sciences focuses on measures that specifically benefit women and strengthen them in the course of their studies.
In order for women to decide in favor of technology, they need a precise idea of what technical professions look like in concrete terms and what future and career opportunities such training entails. For this reason, it is not only important to create equal opportunities for both genders, but also to take measures to bring women into contact with technology and the natural sciences in the first place and as early as possible. We are pleased that the proportion of female students is continuously increasing.
- Awarding of an UAS TW teaching prize with the category female teachers in the technical field
- Main cooperation partner of the FIT Info-Days for schoolgirls interested in studying
- WeCanTech Award for female students
- WeCanTech mentoring for female students
- WeCanTech women only leadership at the Open Days
- Workshop for female students: “Successful as a female manager, things to know on the way”.
- WeCanTech lunch for female leaders; Female Empowerment
- WeCanTech High Potential Program for female employees in technical/academic fields
- EqualitA = BMDW seal of approval for internal promotion of women, gender equality and professional gender equality
- Cooperation with the Hertha Firnberg Schools for the training focus “Communication and Media Design
- Cooperation with the FIT / AMS program for the bachelor’s degree in computer science and for the bachelor’s degree in smart homes and assistive technologies