Bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
Application deadline: May 31, 2023, for applications from Non-EU states: April 30, 2023. Applications open from September 15, 2022.
Basic Studies with a Focus on Digitization
Machines and more: Students acquire the necessary know-how to meet the challenges of the extremely dynamic field of mechanical engineering. In addition to teaching engineering and scientific fundamentals, the focus of the program is on the areas of design and manufacturing.
Mechanical engineering is subject to permanent change and increasing complexity of production processes. Existing technologies can often no longer meet these requirements. Accordingly, there is a high demand for qualified, creative and flexible specialists who master and drive innovative manufacturing technologies, such as managing and planning the production of highly complex machines or advising companies on materials, products and processes.
- Start of semester: September
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 21.20 ÖH fee
- 22 hours/week
- Presence times: Monday to Friday during the day
- Work placement in the 6th semester
- a Bachelor thesis
- Duration: 180 ECTS-Points, 6 Semester
- Possibility for a semester abroad
In design, graduates work in the area of conception and further development of machine systems and elements and develop solutions for complex technical issues. In the field of manufacturing, they analyze and improve production processes at all stages of a manufacturing or machining process, from development and design to preparation, assembly and commissioning of production machines. They are employed in industries as diverse as mechanical engineering and the metal industry, the energy sector, vehicle manufacturing, construction, transportation and traffic.
What Jobs and Functions do Graduates Hold?
- Industries: Mechanical engineering and metal industry, electrical industry, vehicle construction, construction, transport and traffic.
- Jobs: Developer, Design Engineer in Production, Logistics or Maintenance
- Typical tasks include design and development of machine systems, prototyping, analysis and optimization of manufacturing processes or quality assurance.
It is precisely for this development that we are creating qualified experts.
For a bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien, you should have a certain technical interest and have completed the school-leaving examination. A relevant professional qualification is also considered to fulfill the admission requirements.
UAS Technikum Wien offers
- extensive use of modern didactic methods
- optimal combination of on-site teaching and online-supported self-study phases.
Students have the oppurtunity
- to organize their learning activities with a high degree of flexibility in terms of time and place,
- to learn guided by virtual learning paths and to voluntarily self-check their own learning progress,
- to study in an application- and solution-oriented manner.
Our students are prepared for independent lifelong learning in their careers.
Starting in 2022/23, internationalization will play an important role for students at UAS Technikum Wien and will become a fixed component of every curriculum. The possibilities are diverse and adapted to the different circumstances of the students: from excursions lasting several days to semesters abroad, from acting as an International Buddy for others to writing the Bachelor thesis in English. All bachelor students complete at least 5 ECTS from a wide range of measures.
News from this Program
Program Director Bachelor Mechanical Engineering
Program Director Master Mechanical Engineering
Bachleor Mechanical Engineering
The next step to study Mechanical Engineering is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.