Bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
Application deadline: June 30, 2023, for applications from Non-EU states: April 30, 2023
The Program for the Digital and Industrial Future
Starting with the basics, students are taught all the necessary knowledge in the areas of mechanics, electronics, computer science, sensors, processors and actuators. Beginning in the first semesters, students learn how to program industrial robots. Towards the end of their studies, they are then already able to develop and operate mobile, intelligent robots.
- Start of semester: September
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 22.70 ÖH fee
- 18 hours/week in presence, individual self-study
- Work placement in the 6th semester
- a Bachelor thesis
- Duration: 180 ECTS-Points, 6 Semester
- Possibility for a semester abroad
The importance of mechatronics with a focus on robotics has grown particularly strongly in recent years. Practically all areas of economic life are to a large extent directly or indirectly dependent on it. Graduates of the program are characterized by the fact that they develop intelligent mechatronic products, e.g. in the automotive industry or in mobile robotics, manage projects in automation technology or work as product managers or employees in development departments in medical technology or the pharmaceutical industry.
What Jobs and Functions Do Graduates Hold?
- Mechatronics technicians are in high demand on the labor market.
- They are used in areas as diverse as the automotive industry, mobile robotics, medical technology and the pharmaceutical industry, or in the field of automation technology.
- Typical tasks include research and development, process development, manufacturing and product management.
For a bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien, you should have a certain technical interest and have completed the school-leaving examination. A relevant professional qualification is also considered to fulfill the admission requirements.
UAS Technikum Wien offers
- extensive use of modern didactic methods
- optimal combination of on-site teaching and online-supported self-study phases.
Students have the oppurtunity
- to organize their learning activities with a high degree of flexibility in terms of time and place,
- to learn guided by virtual learning paths and to voluntarily self-check their own learning progress,
- to study in an application- and solution-oriented manner.
Our students are prepared for independent lifelong learning in their careers.
Starting in 2022/23, internationalization will play an important role for students at UAS Technikum Wien and will become a fixed component of every curriculum. The possibilities are diverse and adapted to the different circumstances of the students: from excursions lasting several days to semesters abroad, from acting as an International Buddy for others to writing the Bachelor thesis in English. All bachelor students complete at least 5 ECTS from a wide range of measures.
News from this Program
Program Director Bachelor Mechatronics/Robotics
Program Director Master Robotics Engineering
Administrative Assistant Bachelor Mechatronics/Robotics
The next step to study Mechatronics/Robotics is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.