What will I learn in this degree program?
The master’s degree program Sports Equipment Technology is a one-of-a-kind course that combines technology, sport, and business. This degree program is taught in German. The degree program is intended for graduates of the Sports Equipment Technology bachelor’s degree program and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs. Its primary focus is on the many diverse activities associated with the development, testing, and utilization of sports equipment. Furthermore, emphases in the area of simulation and analyses by means of measurement technologies provide interesting topics for projects. Students learn how to:
- Develop and manufacture sports equipment that is ideally suitable for use in competitive sports and equipment appropriate for recreational sports for health-conscious amateurs
- Create technical concepts, designs, and prototypes; select production technology and materials; and obtain agreement on drafts from competent bodies, taking technical standards into account
- Select specific measurement technology systems for the analysis and utilization of products that have been developed
- Arrange appropriate individual applications into complete systems and implement these
- Perform calculations to determine the dimensions of functions, components, and elements, and conceptualize technical requirements
- Work with representatives from other fields to prepare specifications for products and develop solutions for building and using systems, and provide assistance with technical issues
- Develop technical concepts for the analysis of equipment and its functions or movement and motion sequences in sports, and utilize appropriate measurement technologies
- Process and interpret the results of material and motion analyses
- Prepare, direct, carry out, and assess studies that analyze the effects of material, design, and movement optimization
→ More information: Curriculum of the Sports Equipment Technology master’s degree program
What opportunities does the optional double degree program offer?
Already in the first semester, students have the option of applying for the double degree program. This is offered in partnership with the Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT University). Students participating in the double degree program attend courses at UAS Technikum Wien during the first and second semester; they spend the third and fourth semester at RMIT University. At the end of the program, they obtain two master’s degrees.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Sports equipment technicians are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Thanks to their knowledge and skills, graduates are perfectly qualified for the sports equipment industry and for sports, leisure, and play facilities, sports events, the therapeutic fitness/wellness field, and biomechanical measurement engineering.
- For instance, they are employed as heads of innovation and research departments in industry, and also as production managers, training technique experts, and instructors for technical training programs.
- Their typical duties include the development of sports equipment and sports facilities as well as planning the production or realization, design, and construction of prototypes, and the coordination and implementation of research and development projects.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.