Product design, ergonomics and sports
Product development that focuses on people: This program is dedicated to the design of ergonomic products using modern materials as well as to capturing and the biomechanical analysis of human movements.
The aim is to arrive at efficient methods of developing and testing devices and equipment. The course allows students to specialize in the fields of product design, ergonomics and sports equipment – it is possible to further develop the latter in the form of the Master’s Program in Sports Technology.
Ergonomics: preventive health care for the body, recording and avoiding stress at the workplace, cognitive ergonomics, further development, for example, of office furniture or children's car seats Product design: Technical functionality combined with aesthetic design and ergonomic operability, use of high-tech and biologically inspired materials.
Specialisation in sports equipment: measurement technology, performance enhancement by engineering, performance physiology and training theory, sports equipment mechanics, physics of sports equipment, testing of sports equipment.
What do I learn in these studies?
- to develop and test products with regard to their usability.
- to pursue an approach in product development that focuses on the abilities, needs and limitations of users.
- to determine stresses and strains on the human body - from the workplace to professional sports - with the help of measurement technology.
- to create product-related material concepts and implement design studies.
- to use biomechanical measuring techniques and to evaluate the results according to scientific standards.
- Evaluate working environments and movement patterns with regard to the abilities, needs and limitations of people and design them in such a way as to improve work results and reduce workloads.
- Select production technologies in accordance with the materials used and the technical functionality of products.
I want to know more
We are constantly expanding the information on this range of courses and have therefore set up our own newsletter. Register now to receive new information and dates for Human Factors and Sports Engineering by mail or whatsapp.
What requirements do I have to meet for this course of study?
For a Bachelor's degree at the FH Technikum Wien, you should have a certain technical interest and have passed the school leaving examination.
Warm-Up courses: For all those who do not (any longer) feel comfortable in some subjects, we offer warm-up courses, which can be attended free of charge before the beginning of the studies. This offer is available exclusively for students who have already enrolled.
Any questions? Contact our course assistant, we will be happy to help you!