Human Factors and Sports Engineering
Bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
Product Development with People in Focus
The program degree on the topic of “people and technology” revolves around the development of ergonomic products – from the idea to the final result, technology, material science, product design and ergonomics are all focused on people here.
Students are offered three specialization options in this bachelor’s degree:
- Start of semester: September
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 22.70 ÖH fee; € 3,000 Tuition fee for students from third countries: exceptions and information
- Additional costs: obligatory: 1st semester BHF Team Building Week, approx. 280 Euro; optional: elective course 5th semester, practical sports week incl. sports equipment technology workshop approx. 450 Euro
- Work placement in the 6th semester
- a Bachelor thesis
- Duration: 180 ECTS-Points, 6 Semester
- Possibility for a semester abroad
- ECTS in English: 23
- Recommended semester abroad (optional): 4, 5
In addition to job prospects as engineers for product development, in the field of design engineering or occupational science, graduates with their competencies in product development, materials, ergonomics and biomechanical measurement technology are also in
demand in other industries. They work, for example, in the sporting goods industry, in the health sector or in the automotive industry.
For a bachelor’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien, you should have a certain technical interest and have completed the school-leaving examination. A relevant professional qualification is also considered to fulfill the admission requirements.
UAS Technikum Wien offers
- extensive use of modern didactic methods
- optimal combination of on-site teaching and online-supported self-study phases.
Students have the oppurtunity
- to organize their learning activities with a high degree of flexibility in terms of time and place,
- to learn guided by virtual learning paths and to voluntarily self-check their own learning progress,
- to study in an application- and solution-oriented manner.
Our students are prepared for independent lifelong learning in their careers.
Starting in 2022/23, internationalization will play an important role for students at UAS Technikum Wien and will become a fixed component of every curriculum. The possibilities are diverse and adapted to the different circumstances of the students: from excursions lasting several days to semesters abroad, from acting as an International Buddy for others to writing the Bachelor thesis in English. All bachelor students complete at least 5 ECTS from a wide range of measures.
News from this Program
Program Director Bachelor Human Factors and Sports Engineering
Program Director Master Sports Technology
Bachelor Human Factors and Sports Engineering
The next step to study Human Factors and Sports Engineering is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.