Master´s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
The Master’s Degree Program for the Energy Systems of the Future
The focus is on energy technology and energy industry issues: the expansion of renewable energies and their integration into urban energy systems, intelligent networks for efficient energy distribution, the coordination of generation and consumption, and holistic approaches to urban energy supply. Potential savings will be explored, along with possible applications for renewable energies and the necessary technical and economic-legal framework conditions.
- Start of semester: Beginning of September
- Duration: 120 ECTS credits, 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- Mode: Part-time, german
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 21.20 ÖH fee
- Remote learning elements included and possibility for a semester abroad
Students Learn to:
- Analyze complex issues related to energy systems and individual facilities, cities or neighborhoods, and devise solutions.
- Analyze energy-efficient, sustainable, and complex energy systems and develop concepts for optimal use of various energy sources.
- Propose measures to adapt existing networks (heating-cooling-electricity) for the integration of decentralized generation plants and to ensure a high level of supply security and supply quality.
- Analyze different storage technologies and present their integration into energy grids correctly dimensioned with all essential system-technical measures.
- Describe ecological relationships in relation to energy-related issues and present impacts in energy systems due to anthropogenic interventions and select measures for their reduction.
- To elaborate a supply and demand side management for an energy system (electricity, heating/cooling, gas).
- To optimize the use of different generation plants from an economic-ecological point of view.
- To elaborate and apply measures to increase the efficiency of plant components, especially those of thermal energy plants.
- Analyze existing energy systems and develop concepts for the optimal use of different energy sources.
- Quantify the effects of renovation measures in buildings on the overall energy system.
Master’s degree programs build on a completed bachelor’s degree program and allow students to specialize or focus on topics in more detail or to expand their existing expertise.
You must meet subject-matter requirements to be admitted to the Renewable Energies master’s degree program. Prerequisites include a bachelor’s degree from a UAS in a relevant subject matter or an equivalent degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution (at least 180 ECTS credits) in Austria or another country.
If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams to establish full equivalence. These exams are taken during the master’s program.
The e-genius platform, co-developed by the degree program, offers numerous free learning fields ranging from renewable energy to urban development.
News from this program
Program Director Renewable Energies
Administrative Assistant Master Renewable Energies
The next step to study Master Renewable Energies is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.