Master´s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
Application deadline: June 30, 2023, for applications from Non-EU states: April 30, 2023
The Study around Artificial Intelligence
Artificial intelligence is considered one of the key concepts of digitalization that will affect many areas of our daily lives. People are already being addressed by intelligent bots on the World Wide Web, the first cars are driving themselves, intelligent household appliances are finding their way into our homes, gamers are playing against smart computer opponents in automatically generated artificial worlds, proteins are being folded on the computer, doctors are being assisted in image analysis by software that has learned from thousands of images … for the future, far-reaching fields of application are in prospect, because AI algorithms and their interaction with the environment are essential components in the development of future software and hardware systems. An analysis of the UASTW has shown that a strongly growing demand for experts in Artifical Intelligence is also to be expected on the job market.
Within the master program AI Engineering, students can choose between the specializations “AI Technologies” and “Game Engineering” which either delve even deeper into the topic of AI technologies or are oriented towards the development of computer games with advanced artificial intelligences.
All students complete the following courses:
- Machine Learning Basics
- AI Concepts and Algorithms
- Reinforcement Learning
- Advanced Programming
- Software Engineering
- Numerical Methods
- Scientific Working
- Business Model Innovation & Law
- Development Project 1 & 2
- Master Thesis Project & Seminar
- If required: Computer Graphics Basics, Programming Basics in C++/Python, Statistics Basics
The specializations (“AI Technologies” and “Game Engineering”) are described in more detail below.
Specialization AI Technologies
Specialization Game Engineering
- Start of semester: Beginning of September
- Duration: 120 ECTS credits, 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- Mode: Part-time, german
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 22.70 ÖH fee
Graduates design, implement and integrate AI-based systems and AI algorithms based on the latest concepts, technologies, programming languages and tools.
This includes machine learning on a variety of data, visual computing and mixed reality, interactive AI, processing of speech and multimedia data, or intelligent control of virtual characters.
Fields of activity for AI engineers are, for example, prediction systems, design and development of support systems, simulation applications or computer games.
Graduates are in high demand as high-quality AI developers, machine learning experts, data scientists, software engineers, game developers, DevOps engineers or smart systems engineers in practically all industries.
You must meet subject-matter requirements to be admitted to the AI Engineering master’s degree program. Prerequisites include a bachelor’s degree from a UAS in a relevant subject matter or an equivalent degree program with at least 180 ECTS credits – for example:
- computer science, software: software engineering, computer science, business informatics, media technology, mobile computing, computer security, information and communication systems, IT security, geoinformation
If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams to establish full equivalence. These exams are taken during the master’s program.
For this, a minimum of approximately 60 ECTS should be brought from the following core subject areas:
- Computer science (e.g. programming, databases, operating systems, computer networks)
- In-depth technical subjects
In any case, profound programming knowledge is a mandatory prerequisite to fulfill the admission requirements.
News from this Program
Program Director Master AI Engineering
Bachelor Computer Science (full time)
Master AI Engineering
The next step to study Master AI Engineering is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.