What will I learn in this degree program?
The Sports Equipment Technology bachelor’s degree program is the only program of its kind in Austria. It focuses on the wide range of activities related to developing, testing, and optimizing sports equipment and on how athletes use sports equipment. It is equally applicable to competitive sports, recreational sports, and the exciting areas of sports for fitness and sports for the disabled. Students learn to:
- Understand the relationships between biomechanics and technology
- Develop, adapt, supplement, and optimize sports equipment
- Use the knowledge they gain to solve complex technical and biomechanical problems
- Create product-related material concepts and implement design studies
- Apply the most important measurement engineering and production methods in practice
- Plan and conduct projects for setting up sports facilities (sports fields, gyms)
- Create data acquisition concepts, for example in movement analysis, ergonomics, ergometrics, and biomedical interactions
- Plan, set up, and supervise measurement equipment and systems
→ More information: Curriculum of the Sports Equipment Technology bachelor’s degree program
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Sports equipment experts are in demand on the job market:
- Thanks to the knowledge they receive, graduates are perfectly trained for the sports equipment industry and for biomechanical measurement engineering, sports events, and therapy equipment technology.
- For example, they work as researchers and developers at sports and medical technology companies, as consultants for sports facility construction, or as measurement engineering technicians.
- Their typical tasks include creating material concepts and design studies, updating production facilities and equipment, or training sales managers.
What are the admission requirements?
- You must have one of the following to apply for the Sports Equipment Technology bachelor’s degree program:
- Matriculation exam (HTL, AHS, or BHS Matura)
- Vocational matriculation exam
- University entrance qualification exam in a relevant field
- Relevant vocational training with additional qualification (an entrance exam or qualification exam at UAS Technikum Wien)
→ More information: Admission requirements for the Sports Equipment Technology degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
- Sports Equipment Technology Master’s degree program and 16 other master’s degree programs
- Project and Process Management master’s course and other courses for further training