Product design, ergonomics and sports
The study program about the development of ergonomic products - from the idea to the final result, technology, material science, product design and ergonomics focussing on users.
The bachelor's programme in Human Factors and Sports Engineering deals with product development with a focus on humans people. From the idea to the series product, in addition to the phases of a development process, the necessary material tests and the associated data acquisiton and analysis are also taught - whether on the device or on the human being. Students acquire basic knowledge in anatomy and biomechanics as well as in the fields of sensor technology, materials science and production technology. Economic subjects such as law and marketing round off your education. Advanced courses are offered in the areas of product design, ergonomics or sports equipment - the latter can be further honed in the Master's programme in Sports Technology at the FHTW.
Subject to accreditation by AQ Austria, the Bachelor Sports Equipment Technology will be expanded and further developed as part of the 2019/20 academic year.
Ergonomics: preventive health care for the body, recording and avoiding stress at the workplace, cognitive ergonomics, further development, for example, of office furniture or children's car seats Product design: Technical functionality combined with aesthetic design and ergonomic operability, use of high-tech and biologically inspired materials.
Specialisation in sports equipment: measurement technology, performance enhancement by engineering, performance physiology and training theory, sports equipment mechanics, physics of sports equipment, testing of sports equipment.
What do I learn in these studies?
- to develop and test products with regard to their usability.
- to pursue an approach in product development that focuses on the abilities, needs and limitations of users.
- to determine stresses and strains on the human body - from the workplace to professional sports - with the help of measurement technology.
- to create product-related material concepts and implement design studies.
- to use biomechanical measuring techniques and to evaluate the results according to scientific standards.
- Evaluate working environments and movement patterns with regard to the abilities, needs and limitations of people and design them in such a way as to improve work results and reduce workloads.
- Select production technologies in accordance with the materials used and the technical functionality of products.
I want to know more
We are constantly expanding the information on this range of courses and have therefore set up our own newsletter. Register now to receive new information and dates for Human Factors and Sports Engineering by mail or whatsapp.
What requirements do I have to meet for this course of study?
For a Bachelor's degree at the FH Technikum Wien, you should have a certain technical interest and have passed the school leaving examination.
Warm-Up courses: For all those who do not (any longer) feel comfortable in some subjects, we offer warm-up courses, which can be attended free of charge before the beginning of the studies. This offer is available exclusively for students who have already enrolled.
Any questions? Contact our course assistant, we will be happy to help you!