What will I learn in this degree program?
The Medical Engineering & eHealth master’s degree program is taught in English and produces biomedical engineers with an emphasis in medical technology, medical IT systems, health informatics, and telemedicine. The degree program is intended for graduates of the Biomedical Engineering bachelor’s degree program and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs as well as people with professional experience in the field of medical technology.
- Clinical Engineering
- Medical Engineering in Respiration
- Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Modelling in Cardiovascular Systems
- Applications for Crowd-Sourced Healthcare
- Medical Information Systems
- Advanced Analysis of Biomedical Data
What opportunities does the optional double degree program offer?
The program is also offered as a double degree program in cooperation with the Brno University of Technology (BUT) in the Czech Republic. Students of the Biomedical Engineering Sciences master’s degree program who are accepted into the double degree program study at UAS Technikum Wien the first year and at BUT the second year. After successfully completing the program, they receive two academic degrees.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Specialists in the field of Medical Engineering & eHealth are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Among other areas, they work in the pharmaceuticals industry in medical technology or biomedical labs, in research institutes and clinics, in research and development and in the operation of medical equipment, at manufacturing companies, in research facilities, and at hospitals.
- For example, they work as product managers, regulatory issues managers, risk managers, quality managers, employees in research and development departments, or interdisciplinary computer scientists.
- Their typical tasks include identifying and implementing user requirements for healthcare applications, planning and performing risk and reliability analyses for medical equipment, and instructing and training technical and medical personnel as well as other users.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.