Welcome to Vienna!
- Are you deciding to study at the UAS Technikum Wien for one or two semesters as an incoming student? You will enjoy many advantages and opportunities:
- You will study at the only purely technical university of applied sciences in Austria and attend high-quality courses in small groups with a high practical relevance with lecturers from business and industry.
- You will live and study in a multicultural, sophisticated, yet clearly arranged European metropolis, which is known for its high quality of life.
- As an orientation at the UAS Technikum Wien you will take part in the one-week Orientation Week at the beginning of the semester. There you will not only find important information about studying at the UAS Technikum Wien, but also an introduction to intercultural topics and Austrian culture. In addition to the Orientation Week programme, you will also find various leisure activities organised and carried out by the Erasmus Student Network (ESN).
- You will study in a multicultural environment, expand your social skills and make international contacts that may be helpful for your future professional life.
- Finally, you will receive comprehensive advice and support from the International Office.
How to proceed?
First of all, you will find out about the possibilities of organising your studies abroad through your home institution.
If your home institution is a partner university of the UAS Technikum Wien, there is a bilateral agreement (e.g. ERASMUS+) between your home institution and the UAS Technikum Wien. You are exempt from tuition fees and have the option of a grant (e.g. Erasmus+) for your semester abroad.
If your home institution is not a partner university of the UAS Technikum Wien, you have the possibility to apply for a semester abroad as a freemover. Freemovers are students who wish to study at the UAS Technikum Wien but whose home institution does not have a bilateral agreement with the UAS Technikum Wien. Please note that in this case all costs (tuition fees, accommodation, transport, visa, etc.) have to be paid by the guest student. If you are interested, please contact the Coordination for Incoming Mobility directly by e-mail.
In any case, you must have your application for the exchange semester(s) at UAS Technikum Wien approved by your home institution.
The application - step by step
Step 1: Select suitable courses for your semester abroad from the English Course Guide or the website of the University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien. Please make sure that you meet the requirements for the courses you have chosen and that you have a sufficient command of the respective spoken and written teaching languages (German and English: level B2 according to the Common European Framework).
Step 2: The coordinator of the International Office of your home university must nominate you by e-mail. Please provide the following information:
- First name, family name
- date of birth
- Duration of exchange studies
- email address
- Course of studies/ field of study
After your nomination you will receive an e-mail with all the necessary information about the further application procedure.
For the winter semester: 15 March
Application deadline for students: 15 May
For the summer semester: 15 October
Application deadline for students: 15 November