Master’s degree program at UAS Technikum Wien
Application deadline: June 30, 2023, for applications from Non-EU states: April 30, 2023
Analysts for the Most Valuable Resource of the Information Society
Data Science is a young, but clearly established and highly demanded field. The interdisciplinary role of data scientists requires a multi-faceted course of study. After all, data analysis is not an end in itself, but must always be considered in the context of the tasks and goals of a company or organization. Graduates of the program can use their skills to support decision-making processes in all phases.
- Start of semester: September
- Duration: 120 ECTS credits, 4 semesters
- Degree: Master of Science (MSc)
- Mode: Part-time | german, 1/3 english
- Costs per semester: € 363.36 tuition fee, € 22.70 ÖH fee
- Remote learning elements (blended learning)
- Perform the complete data collection process according to the current state of the art, for example for textual data, image and video data or sensor data.
- Prepare and model this data for analysis.
- Conduct analyses taking into account ethical, data protection, infrastructure and business aspects.
- Compare, select, and apply relevant analysis methods, approaches, and algorithms.
- Communicate the results of the analyses in a way that is appropriate for the target group and transfer them to operations.
- Plan, implement, and successfully manage Data Science projects in consideration of business needs and for the purpose of value creation.
- for Data Science projects to elicit requirements and define goals.
- Plan and implement Data Science projects as an interface together with the business department and the IT department.
- Communicate with technical and non-technical professionals when designing and implementing Data Science projects, and present ideas and implementation proposals.
- Specialization 1 (2nd semester)
- Process Analytics: process analysis, process improvement, effectiveness of processes, adherence to specifications/compliance
- Finance: handling of financial time series, ARIMA models, tools in R
- Big Data Analytics: storage & processing of very large data sets, parallel processing with Hadoop ecosystem, analytics with Spark/Kafka
- Specialization 2 (3rd semester)
- Marketing Analytics: Behaviorbased Marketing, User Profiling, Predictive Lead Scoring, Churn Prediction, Conjoint Analysis
- Knowledge management: automated capture of knowledge, structuring of knowledge, eLearning with augmented reality/ virtual reality
- Predictive Maintenance: Reliability Analysis, Wear Models, Predictive Models for the Lifetime of Machines
- Specialization 3 (3rd semester)
- Smart City: Acquisition & analysis of sensor data, application to optimization of urban development (e.g. detection of heat hot spots, smart metering etc.)
- HealthCare: medical data handling, image recognition techniques using deep learning methods (e.g. tumor detection), molecular dynamics.
- Renewable energy: Analysis of wind power data (metereology, wind turbines). Analysis of electromobility data (operational measurements of e-vehicles, charging/discharging processes).
This is an exceptionally high-demand job description, and this degree program strikes a chord with the labor market’s need for data professionals.
Master’s degree programs build on a completed bachelor’s degree program and allow students to specialize or focus on topics in more detail or to expand their existing expertise.
You must meet subject-matter requirements to be admitted to the Data Science master’s degree program. Prerequisites include a bachelor’s degree from a UAS in a relevant subject matter or an equivalent degree from a recognized post-secondary educational institution (at least 180 ECTS credits) in Austria or another country.
If basic equivalence has been established except for a few missing prerequisites, the program director can require students to take exams to establish full equivalence. These exams are taken during the master’s program.
News from this Program
Program Director Bachelor Business Informatics
Program Director Master Data Science
The next step to study Master Data Science is to apply via our online application system:
- The entire application process is handled via a dedicated application website.
- Your data is stored securely and is being treated with strict confidentiality.
- A registration system makes it possible to start an application and complete it at a later point in time.
- Once you have entered your user data and uploaded documents, you can also use them for subsequent applications.