What will I learn in this degree program?
The part-time IT Security master’s degree program produces highly qualified professionals for the exchange, processing, and security of data in companies. The main focus is on handling information as a resource, as well as protecting it while taking into account technical aspects, organizational factors, and social conditions. This degree program is taught in German. Students learn to:
- Design ICT architectures as well as plan and realize the safe introduction and integration of information systems
- Develop solutions for the safe exchange of information and the safe processing of data across company boundaries, and implement these solutions by means of suitable processes and technologies
- Identify, analyze, and find solutions for weaknesses in information systems and ICT architectures
- Select and implement the requirements for appropriate security technologies and structures, and coordinate their implementation
- Perform security checks on systems and define suitable guidelines and set up security structures for protection
- Always take into account technical aspects, organizational factors, and social conditions as well as compliance guidelines when analyzing, designing, and implementing data security measures
- Integrate new systems into existing infrastructures by technical means while taking into account IT security factors
- Identify weaknesses in company processes, and analyze and assess the major technical threats to information security within a company, as well as plan and implement appropriate countermeasures
- Put into practice standardized methods and processes for the implementation of information security
- Prepare and assist with the introduction of information security management while taking into account the risk management processes at the particular company
→ More information: Curriculum of the IT Security master’s degree program
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Graduates of the IT Security degree program are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Thanks to their knowledge and skills, they are perfectly qualified for various sectors, such as the energy, information and communication technology, and financial and insurance services sectors, and for the development of computer software.
- For example, they work as IT or information security specialists, Web developers for secure Web platforms, IT project managers, EDP managers, and IT risk managers.
- Their typical tasks include the implementation of company-wide security management, the identification of and defense against potential internal and external threats, and the planning of security architectures within companies, as well as conducting risk analyses.
→ More information: Career prospects for graduates of the Master's degree program IT Security
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
→ More information: Admission requirements for the IT Security master’s degree program
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.