What will I learn in this degree program?
The part-time Information Systems Management master’s degree program is at the interface between computer science, business, and management. The program places particular emphasis on the modern management of information systems. This encompasses the day-to-day operation as well as the integration, planning, and implementation of IT systems. The degree program is intended for graduates of the Business Informatics bachelor’s degree program and graduates of other technical UAS and university programs. Students learn how to:
- Solve complex IT challenges with the aim of supporting the business operations
- Prepare and carry out the selection and introduction of information systems in an organized manner
- Support business processes with the aid of information systems
- Analyze and advise companies with regard to economic and technical aspects
- Choose and utilize appropriate tools for the planning, management, monitoring, and documentation of projects
- Determine the requirements for the solution of a particular business problem
- Implement methods for the solution of planning, assessment, and concept development tasks
- Plan and carry out IT-related studies and research, develop plans as well as draw up meaningful reports and documentation
- Analyze, conceptualize, describe, and assess complex technical complete systems
- Plan and manage complex IT-related projects as well as create time schedules and draw up a budget for expenses
→ More information: Curriculum of the Information Systems Management master’s degree program
What opportunities does the optional double degree program offer?
Students have the possibility to participate in a Double Degree program. Currently, there’s a cooperation with HSE Moscow. Since there is a limited number of places, we cannot guarantee the admission to this optional program. Students that are accepted for the Double Degree program obtain 60 ECTS abroad. They can choose at which university they’d like to write their Master’s Thesis.
What will I be able to do in the field after earning this degree?
Information Systems Management graduates are highly sought-after on the job market:
- Thanks to their knowledge and skills, they are perfectly qualified for the IT services sector, trade and industry, marketing, management consulting, and auditing firms.
- Among other occupations, they work as business informatics specialists, business analysts, system designers, IT architects, and solutions architects.
- Typical duties include, for instance, identifying company-specific problems, analyzing and advising companies, planning and implementing IT systems, and coordinating and integrating the computer systems within an organization in order to increase their compatibility.
What are the admission requirements?
Applicants to this master’s degree program must have a bachelor’s degree and/or other recognized academic degree from a technical university of applied sciences or university with at least 180 ECTS credits.
What advanced programs does UAS Technikum Wien offer?
UAS Technikum Wien provides support through its lifelong learning offerings even after students complete their master’s program. The UAS Technikum Wien Alumni Club gives its members a number of advantages, and the Technikum Wien Academy offers a wide range of further education options, ranging from one-day seminars to post-graduate master’s courses.